Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hazel Court (R.I.P.)

More sad news in 2008 as today we learned legendary scream queen actress, Hazel Court, passed away in her home of a heart attack at age 82. Star of many of my all-time favorite horror films like The Raven, The Premature Burial, The Masque of the Red Death, The Curse of Frankenstein, Doctor Blood's Coffin, Devil Girl from Mars, as well as countless great appearances in spooky TV shows like Twilight Zone, Invisible Man, Thriller, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and more. R.I.P.

Read more HERE.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A STUNNING BEAUTY, EVEN WHILE WEARING THOSE LOW CUT DRESSES FOR CORMAN SHE WAS TOTALLY CLASSY.

Mr. Karswell said...

True Anon. I mentioned over at Pierre's blog that she was scheduled to make an appearance at a convention not long ago but cancelled out at the last minute... Dr Phibes and I were quite disapointed.

Anonymous said...

Who could ever forget her look of ecstasy gone terribly wrong in MASQUE? Long Live Hazel!

Chuck Wells said...

I'm very sorry to hear about her passing, but just dwelling on those "low cut dresses" for a moment made me smile.

Her film legacy remains.

Anonymous said...

This is the first I'd heard. It hurts. I liked her a lot.

Mike H

Anonymous said...

She always gave her roles the right touch of innocence(CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN)and wickedness(THE RAVEN).so many great stars in one year im really sorry about this.

Anonymous said...

Man, this bums me out. I really wish Karswell and I got that last chance to see her. She was good in everything I've seen her in.

Mr. Karswell said...

2008 is going down in my diary as the worst year in Scream Queen history so far...

cube said...

First Maila Nurmi, and now Hazel Court. Not a good year.